Any given Thursday

My home is once again a thrumming organism of boys, girls, cats, lego, and voices. The oven is full of tasty morsels and music is playing in the background from one of the bedrooms just in case there was a silent moment that needed filling.

Han Solo and Luke Skywalker are zooming around the living room, followed by storm troopers and there is some amiable discussion on the hop, as to the further structure of this game of good guys and bad guys.

The friend accompanying Zoe is her guitar lesson buddy so I am expecting that the guitars will come out shortly.

A glass of wine will be required earlier than usual I think, not in escapism but in quiet appreciation of the moment. I may even get twenty minutes undisturbed with my nose in a book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump may be the best thing that’s happened to the planet

I can’t keep quiet

Unexpectedly, a village