Trump may be the best thing that’s happened to the planet
When sleeping women wake, mountains move – Chinese proverb
I vowed to remove myself from all forms of media, social and otherwise to hibernate from the Trump winter that was about to descend as of the inauguration. The women’s uprising (what else can you call it?) saved me from my despair, renewed me with hope, made me feel like I was in my own episode of Star Wars and part of the rebellion and revolution against the dark side of the force. Cos Trump isn’t evil as much as frighteningly normal. It’s a side of human nature – and its obviously prevalent.
Like an outlaw moving into town, shooting up the locals and scaring people, the Trumpster has run roughshod over many painstakingly fought - one wonders what the fuck is he is thinking – the arrogance of the man to think these things are, what? The inane decisions of years of research down the toilet in 4 short days. It beggars belief…
- Unravelled the state medical care package that provided extra and accessible healthcare to 100,000 s of more people (I will admit my economic understanding of the implications of Obamacare and indeed American policy are limited
- Cancelled international funding if it supporting fertility choices in other countries (in particular supported medically assisted abortion)
- Cancelled funding and changed the message to the EPA and maybe restricted climate change messaging
- Backed out of the TPP (again I’m ambiguous about the economic/legal implications of the TPP)
- Restarted oil lines that had been halted like the Keystone and DAPL – interestingly Trump has financial interests in these endeavours
Makes me wonder how one person can have so much power, maybe I don’t understand the nature of Presidential
Executive Orders, but surely there is a process for some of these things to happen? Doesn’t he have to get
democratic support for major decisions such as these. Its despairing.
There are more - I got tired of documenting them.
We may just on the verge of a new world order. A New Hope