If only

Blessings
I have loved and been loved
I have birthed and felt the primal ecstasy of producing life
I have felt the intense power wrapped up in a breastfeeding embrace
I have enjoyed edible delicacies superior to that of medieval royalty
I have had change in my pocket
And money in the bank
I have felt sunshine and rain
I have seen sunsets and sunrises
I have watched my children play in the sand and the surf
I have felt the mercy of the Saviour and the love of the Father
I have been cherished by my own family and that I married in to
I have received accolades for my talents and achievements
I have known freedom from war, oppression, abuse and racial ignorance
I am truly blessed
This is the life of those in western culture
We have so much to be thankful for
And so much to return
If only we knew
The great blessings that we have
In every day life
So much to give and share
From our great abundance
Every day is a gift
If only we knew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump may be the best thing that’s happened to the planet

I can’t keep quiet

Unexpectedly, a village